Wedding Dance Song Suggestions
If you haven’t already selected a special song for your wedding dance we’re sure the tips and first dance song suggestions below will help. Remember there are many more wedding song and wedding dance tips on the DVD. (Click here to purchase DVD now.)
NEW FEATURE – We have just added in direct links to Amazon.com so you can listen to and even purchase your chosen wedding song instantly. This is a work in progress so please emial me if you need an Amazon link added and I will add it immediately.
If, after reading the tips and suggestions below, you are still unsure about whether a particular song is suitable for dancing, please feel free to email me the song title and artist’s name and I will test out your song for you.
With only a couple of weeks to go before our wedding your dvd really saved us. We learnt a full routine in no time and practiced every night until we had it down. We had heaps of fun learning and our dance was the highlight of our evening. We really can’t thank you enough for all your help in choosing a song and of course thank you for your excellent dvd. Steph & Paul
“Make your wedding dance one of the most treasured memories of your wedding day by choosing a beautiful song and by learning a beautiful wedding dance to surprise and give pleasure to yourselves and your guests. Also don’t forget that this wonderful moment will be captured in photos and on film for you to cherish throughout yours lives together.”
All the very best
Mick (Professional Dance Instructor)
FREE Wedding Song Selection Tips :
1. Make sure the song or music you select for your wedding dance is the correct timing for your dance. For example, the Rumba must be danced to music in 4/4 timing and the waltz must be danced to music in 3/4 timing. The Slow Rhythm Dance may be danced to either 3/4 or 4/4 timing. See the “Selecting Your Music” segment on the Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD for examples for a practical demonstration on how to work out the timing of your song. To order a copy of the Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD please click here.
2. Make sure you read through the lyrics of the song you select just in case the message is all wrong for a wedding situation. Lyrics for songs can be found on the internet by typing the name of the song and the singers name followed by ‘song lyrics’ into a Search Engine such as Google.
EG… I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You Savage Garden song lyrics.
3. Make sure the music you choose to dance to is the correct tempo (speed) for your chosen dance. For example the sensuous moves in the Rumba will be lost if you dance to a song that is too fast.
It is also true, that the slower the song the harder it will be to dance to. If you are worried about finding a song with the correct tempo just check it against the dance songs on your Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD.
4. If you have set your heart on a particular song for your wedding dance and are not sure which dance would be suitable please email us the name of the song and the artist and we will do our best to help you. Free email support is available with every purchase of the Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD (Click here to order your DVD .)
5. The optimum length for a first dance should be about 2 minutes long. Being on the dance floor alone performing for longer than this will seem like an eternity, and it is best to leave your guests cheering for more! As most popular songs are longer than 2 minutes you will need to coordinate with the person controlling your music to fade the song when they see you performing your dance ending moves. (See DVD for dance ending suggestions.)
6. Don’t make your first dance at your wedding the first time you dance in public. Make sure you practice with other people around at least once. This will ensure you are not nervous on your wedding day. Your local RSL club may be a good venue for this if they have social dance nights. You must get out on a social dance floor and “do it live .”
See your Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD for more great Wedding Dance Survival Tips.
Order the DVD now and take the stress out of learning your wedding dance.
Remember with every DVD order you have access to free email song advice.
Presented here is a list of some of the most popular first dance songs.
If you find a song that is perfect for your wedding please send us the details as we would love to add your song to our list and share it with others.
GENERAL TIP – LISTEN TO THE SONG BEFORE YOU BUY – If you want to hear a small sample of the songs below I suggest you use Amazon.com or YouTube.
Go to www.amazon.com and use the Search to find the artist and song you are after. You will then be presented with a list of albums. Choose one and you will be taken to the album details. Below the album cover image you will often see a link – “Listen to Samples”. Go for this option so you can hear 30 second samples of the songs on the album.
BRAND NEW FEATURE
Our Wedding Song feature page has recieved such allot of positive feedback and praise that we thought we would add a really useful feature to allow brides and groomes to listen to and download their wedding song music instantly.
Just click on the Amazon link next to your chosen wedding dong and you will be taken to the album containing this song. Then simply click on the album and then locate the LISTEN LINK below the album cover to hear your song. Simple!
If you have a song that you have trouble sourcing please let us know as we would be only too happy to help if we can.
PLEASE NOTE: I will be adding the Amazon links in stages so please email me if you would like to hear a particular song and I will add the link immediately and email you back. Thanks [email protected]
Latin Love Songs Suitable for the Rumba
We’ve had quite a few requests for Latin sounding songs suitable for the Rumba. Here are a few to start with … We have also added lyrics for you to read. If you have used any other slow Latin songs please let us know so we can list them here.Click here to email suggestions
Probably our best suggestion for something really Latin is to listen to Selena’s Latin album “All My Hits – Todos Mis Exitos” or Marc Anthony’s – “Valio la Pena”. We would also recommend music by Olga Tanon.
If you are not sure which song to choose from these artists, as they are sung in Spanish, just choose a song in 4/4 timing that has the same tempo as the Rumba song on your Learn Your Wedding Dance DVD. If the dance steps fit – use it!
|SONG TITLE||ARTIST||LYRICS / ALBUM|
|Dreaming of You||Selena||Lyrics|
|more to come …|
Other beautiful love songs suitable for the Rumba
|SONG TITLE||ARTIST||LYRICS / ALBUM|
|A Whole New World||Sound Track “Aladdin”||Aladdin Lyrics|
|A Long and Lasting Love||Crystal Gayle||Great Wedding Songs|
|For The First Time||Kenny Loggins||One Fine Day ( Soundtrack )|
|I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You||Savage Garden||Affirmation|
|I Love the Way You Love Me||John Michael Montgomery||Life’s A Dance|
|I Was Made to Love Her||Stevie Wonder||Greatest Hits Volume 1|
|I’ll Always Love You||Taylor Dayne||Tell It to My Heart|
|In Your Eyes||Peter Gabriel||So|
|Change The World||Eric Clapton||1997 Grammy Nominees|
|Friends||Elton John||Rare Masters|
|Just the Way Your Are||Billy Joel||The Stranger|
|Power of Two||Indigo Girls||Retrospective|
|Time After Time||Cindi Lauper||The Essential Cindi LauperLyrics|
|Let’s Stay Together||Al Green|
|When You Say Nothing At All||Alison Krausse|
Wedding Waltz Songs
|SONG TITLE||ARTIST||LYRICS / ALBUM|
|Three Times a Lady||Lionel Ritchie||Beautiful song and highly recommended as a waltz song to dance your DVD waltz routine to. Thank you Linda for suggesting this song.|
You can also listen to the movie soundtrack version on YouTube
|Motown Legends Three Times a Lady|
|Anniversary Waltz||Eddy Howard||Celebration!|
|Between Now and Forever||Bryan White||Between Now and Forever|
|Could I Have This Dance||Anne Murray||The Best…So Far||The Best So Far Anne Murray|
|Fascination||Jane Morgan||Diner ( Soundtrack )|
|Give Me Forever (I Do)||John Tesh with James Ingram||Grand Passion|
|Rainbow Connection||Instrumental by Teb Brabman|
or piano version by Kenny Drew
In the Key of Love Lyrics
Jay Ungar and Molly MasonIrish sounding song with fiddles. If you would like an Irish or celtic sounding wedding dance this music would be perfect.
(Tip – listen to the extended version it starts with beautiful piano music)
Slow Rhythm Wedding Dance Songs
|A Kiss To Build A Dream On||Louis Armstrong||Sleepless In Seattle|
|Because You Loved Me||Celine Dion||Falling Into You|
|Can’t Get You Off My Mind||Lenny Kravitz||Circus|
|Can You Feel The Love Tonight||Elton John||The Lion King|
|Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing||Aerosmith||Armageddon ( Soundtrack )|
|Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing||Mark Chesnutt||I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing|
|Endless Love||Luther Vandross & Maria Carey||Songs|
|Every Woman in The World||Air Supply||Lost in Love|
|Everything I Do*||Bryan Adams|
|Grow Old with Me||Mary Chapin Carpenter||Working Class Hero|
|Hawaiian Wedding Song||Andy Williams||16 Most Requested Songs|
|Have I Told You Lately||Rod Stewart||If We Fell in Love Tonight|
|Have I Told You Lately||Van Morrison||One Fine Day ( Soundtrack )|
|Head Over Feet||Alanis Morissette||Jagged Little Pill|
|Hero||Mariah Carey||Music Box|
|Here We Are||Gloria Estefan||Cuts Both Ways|
|How Do I Live||LeAnn Rimes||How Do I Live (CD Single)|
|How Do I Live||Trisha Yearwood||Songbook: A Collection of Hits|
|I Believe in You and Me||Whitney Houston||The Preacher’s Wife|